All about Worms
Puppies are actually born with roundworms and catch more during their first weeks. Worms can infect even the healthiest dog or cat. The two main types of worm are roundworm (Toxocara) and Tapeworm and they can cause much discomfort and poor health. The worms live in the intestines and their eggs can be passed-out in their millions in the pet's faeces. They are invisible to the naked eye, but can affect your health as well as your pet's. It is essential that you regularly worm your pets.
Advice on Worming
- Puppies: worm from 2-8 weeks.
- Puppies/Dogs: from 8 weeks up, worm every 3 months with Vetzyme wormers.
- Kittens: Treat for roundworms from 2 weeks of age and every 2 weeks until 12 weeks of age. Thereafter, every 3 months. When you obtain your new puppy, dog, kitten or cat, always check when they were last wormed.
Tips on feeding Wormer
- Crush or hide the wormer in their food
- Try feeding wormer together with soft cheese
Donated by the Borg Cardona and Co. Ltd. visit Borg Cardona website