All about Fleas
At some time in their lives, your cat or dog will experience fleas. Fleas can cause irritation and distress with various adverse effects to your pet:
- Skin allergies in dogs and cats
- Transmission of tapeworms in dogs and cats
- Blood loss and anaemia
It is essential that you treat your home and pet regularly for fleas to help prevent infestation. Are you aware 98% of fleas live and breed in your carpet and 2% feed off your pets.
Advice on Fleas
Checking for fleas:
- Look for black/brown granules amongst the fur.
- Fleas may be hard to find, try brushing the coat vigorously with your pet standing on a white sheet.
- Never use more than one Insecticidal product on your animal at any one time.
- If your animal is experiencing dry, itchy skin as a result of constant scratching, then it maybe a dry skin condition.
- To gain effective control, always treat both your pet and home.
Which product should I use?
Dogs: Choose the method of application that is right for your pet. Vetzyme JDS Insecticidal Dog Shampoo is extremely effective on dogs and is favoured by breeders because of its exceptional shampooing qualities and it kills fleas fast.
Donated by the Borg Cardona and Co. Ltd. visit Borg Cardona website