Borg Cardona & Co. Ltd.
Royal Canin products
HOW DO WE TEST PALATABILITY IN OUR PRODUCTS?
Palatability = ability of a product to be consumed rapidly and heartily
by the dog or the cat.
Palatability determines the level of spontaneous consumption by the animal.
- Real palatability is measured through the comparison towards another product.
- Perceived palatability is subjectively appreciated by the owner that observes his animal’s behaviour when faced to a single petfood.
Ways of development for improving palatability
All steps of the products manufacturing may have positive or negative consequences on the palatability:
- choice of the ingredients, quality controls
- way of cooking
- size, shape, and density of the product
- aromas, including the ir presentation (powder form, liquid form…)
- quality of the packaging…
Continue reading here